A history of excellence
Benchmark’s expertise in new product introduction (NPI) stems from our unique ability to provide a “One Partner” solution. We can take an initial concept all the way to a manufactured product with the exact level of support needed. Whether a customer requires a completely new design, or the fine-tuning of an existing product, Benchmark delivers.
We have a seven-step process that we customize to meet our customers requirements:
- Concept: Develop a conceptual design and manufacturing plan and organize supply chain needs.
- Design: Solidify details of design and manufacturing, solicit quotes from supply chain.
- Prototype: Complete prototype “A” integration testing, qualify suppliers and set up a prototype manufacturing line.
- Verify: Complete prototype “B” compliance testing, facilitate supplier agreements and install manufacturing equipment.
- Pre-production: Develop pilot units and establish the manufacturing processes.
- Qualify: Procure materials, manufacture first production units and implement quality manufacturing processes.
- Production: Ramp to volume production, implement continual improvement and fulfillment services.
Benchmark’s NPI capabilities include: